Cultivating Innovation and Entrepreneurship
New For 2021
Creativity/Innovation Workshops - Student Inc Summer Programme 2021
Enterprise Society - Funded Masters by Research
Ethos of CEED
The Centre for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development (CEED) is part of the entrepreneurial and innovative ecosystem at Munster Technological University. It plays a key role in fostering and developing an entrepreneurial mind-set in the region. We practice and promote a strategic policy of seamless integration and real time engagement between business and social communities, public partners, academics and students; offering strategic support and intervention with their business ideas and knowledge transfer. We continue to research and cultivate the entrepreneurial mind-set through our philosophy of collaboration, inclusion and innovation with the wider business and academic communities.
We have a particular focus on research into entrepreneurial learning, incubation and new venture creation and sustainability. It brings together academics, spinout enterprises, student entrepreneurs, start-up businesses and researchers for the study and practice of innovation, entrepreneurship and enterprise. The CEED’s research agenda is interdisciplinary, spanning across all departments within the Kerry campus of MTU, in order to stimulate an entrepreneurial spirit amongst both staff and students. CEED currently hosts a number of post graduate candidates in the area of entrepreneurship at both masters and PhD levels and is active partner in a range of national and European funded technology and knowledge transfer projects.
Collaboration with the other centres at MTU provides us with the opportunity of positioning ourselves as a centre with a cutting edge entrepreneurial insight and approach in all of our activities. In working to achieve its aims, the following shared values guide the centre’s behaviour and decision-making:
- Engagement: with the economic and social life of our localities, regionally, nationally and globally at an applied and basic research level.
- Participation: by staff, researchers and students, in our communal and intellectual life, and our decision-making processes; recognising our mutual obligations.
- Collaboration: being an executive partner, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; being responsive as well as proactive; delivering what we say we will do.
Portfolio of Services
CEED offers a range of both bespoke and generic solutions through its inclusive portfolio of services which operate in the following four academies at a local, regional, national and international level:
- Basic Research Academy
- Commercial/Academic Academy
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Academy
- Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Education Academy